DEAD AIM: ADVANCED
Low on ammunition, our gunslingers must make every shot count as if it were their last... because it just might be!
Each player starts with a limited number of shots. If you fire and miss, you lose a shot. However if you zap an opponent, you are awarded bonus shots. So to do well, you must be very accurate with your shots.
If you run out of shots, you will be unable to fire for between 10 and 15 seconds (depending on your level). After this time, you are automatically resupplied with a few shots to get you going again.
You can destroy the in-field targets once per mission, for bonus points and bonus shots. Beware! Unlike other missions, it may take more than three shots to destroy a target. The number of shots required depends on your level.
If you have four or more shots, you will be able to fire missiles. A successful missile will award you points plus bonus shots, but an unsuccessful missile attempt will cost you shots.
Skill levels: A player's standard skill level determines their initial number of shots, maximum number of shots, the number of shots they get when they zap/missile an opponent, and the number of shots required to destroy an in-field target.
If you have two or more shots, you can activate a payback when you are down. This ability costs two shots.
Notes: There are three variations of this mission: individual, team and partners. The variation determines whether there are teams, and if so, how many. In the individual and partners variations, all in-field targets are neutral, while in the team variation, in-field targets may be friendly, enemy or neutral depending on their colour.
- A single shot or missile will deactivate an opponent.
- Players do not receive a missile-warning tone, when another player obtains a missile-lock on them.
- Warbots will look at all passing players. If the player is doing poorly, the Warbot may give a gift of some shots, however, if the player is doing well, the Warbot may simply zap the player.
- Low level players will not be able to lock-on to an in-field target unless they have enough shots to destroy it.
- Level 6 players do not start the mission with enough shots to destroy an in-field target.
Recommended length: 10 minutes.
|Level||Initial Shots||Max Shots||Bonus Shots/Zap Opponent||Bonus Shots/Missile Opponent|
|Zap opponent||100+5xlevel diff.|
|zap own team member||-50|
|Missile opponent||500+5xlevel diff.|
|Missile own team member||1-250|
|Destroy in-field target||1001(enemy) or